Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I'm back! Ok so I admit I took a break from the blog... no excuses but that I kept putting it off and then felt like I got so far behind that I didn't want to have to catch up on all of the posts. So I have decided the only way to get back to the blog is to start where we are and catch you up gradually on what I have missed vs. try and catch up on one post. So.. here it goes. Evan just turned four years old on December 2. We had a big birthday bash at the house, the theme was spider man (Evan's favorite super hero right now) and Santa Clause came to visit. I think all of the kids had a blast running around the house and the weather was nice enough for them to go outside and bounce on the spider man bounce house. He wanted an IPAD and motorcycle for his birthday but we talked him into letting that be his Christmas wishes and want Jake and the never land pirate stuff for his birthday. He received the cutest gift from his Aunt Mandy and uncle Geoffrey. It was his first set of roller blades (spider man themed of course)! He is hilariously cute wearing all of his knee, elbow, wrist pads, and helmet. You have to hold his hand while he rides them, but he will let you know the entire time that he will one day do it by himself. Of course, the birthday presents all went over well, but Parker still doesn't quit understand why they don't get the same things on birthdays... so you can guess what Parker is getting for Christmas - a spider man set of roller blades. Speaking of Parker, he is currently 2 and will be turning 3 in March. Over the past year he has grown up so much. He is Evan's little shadow and best friend. They argue a lot but seconds later they wonder where each of them are if they aren't playing together. It constantly amazes me to watch them talk to one another and play. I can't imagine one without the other. I would have to say having each other makes them who they are, and I think it gives each of them a little more confidence and guts doing things that kids there age wouldn't do.. for instance riding motorcycles, tackling with real helmets like they are 13 years old, and doing many more things that I feel if they didn't have the other with them they would be more timid about stepping out and trying new things. But, you can't forget Davis. He is quickly turning the duo into a trio. Every where that Evan goes Davis is sure to follow and monkey see monkey do! Davis is our happy, active, and curious little monkey! If you aren't in a good mood I promise Davis will make you laugh, and if he can't the other two will help! Davis turned 1 in August (my baby is growing up)! He is 1 going on 5. Me and Ray both have to continuously remind ourselves that he is only 1 year old. He is so tough - he will tackle with the older boys like he is the same age and laugh the entire time when you would think he should be crying. I am still working with Bard Access Systems - medical device company and Ray is still selling his medical devices and owning and growing his company! Our family is happy and growing fast! My sister is pregant and due very soon! We might have a little cousin for Christmas! His name will be Grayson Edwards... I love the name and it follows in line with the family names. On Geoffrey's side they always start all of the boys names with a G and the middle name is Edward. Such a neat tradition. We are so excited to have a little cousin! We ask the boys each night at the dinner table what is there favorite thing and what they are thankful for and this was theirs tonight: Evan - thankful for Daddy picking him up from school, dinner, motorcycles, and favorite thing was hot dogs (dinner meal) and the color orange Parker - thankful for school, nana and papa, daddy, mommy, baby (that's what they call Davis), fruit, playground at school, and favorite thing was motorcycles, bike, and the color green Davis - can't talk yet (we think he isn't talking because he doesn't have too... he just points and the boys talk for him) but if he could he would tell you that he loves taking his brothers bikes from them, he loves sitting on the four wheeler and jumping up and down on it, he loves eating the little apple sauces squeeze things, and his favorite toy right now is a car that has buttons on it that when you push them they make noises and make the wheels spend. I am thankful for my husband, family, health, friendship and my job (I finally found something that fits me) My favorite thing is decorating for Christmas. Ray was thankful for his family, health kids, great day at work and the season. Ray's favorite thing is playing with his sons. Have a wonderful week and I plan on posting something each night - long or short I will post something! God Bless, Michelle

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Welcome back!! Your family pics are to die for precious!!!!!!

whitney said...

Your mom told mom about your blog and I am so happy she did so I can keep up with your beautiful family! It was so great to see you and your family last week - the boys are precious! We have been praying for Grayson and hope for the best. Happy New Year!